Leading in Science
Introduction to Academic Leadership
"Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other."
John F. Kennedy
This workshop is designed to facilitate the development of your leadership and managerial skills. We will cover the following topics:
- (Academic) Leadership: Key Concepts and Theories
- Self-Reflection: My Role as Academic Leader
- Working Towards My Personal Development Plan
- The Full Range of Leadership in Academia
- Personal Leadership Style and Development Plan
Your Take Away
- You learn about the principles of effective academic leadership.
- You get to know concrete tools and techniques to become more effective as an academic leader.
- You discuss with your peer group the challenges and opportunities with regard to leadership.
- You work on your personal development plan to become your ideal leader („Leadership Profile“).
Based on state-of-the-art knowledge of (academic) leadership, we will facilitate participants’ individual development. Participants will work on their personal development plan during the training. We will discuss specific challenges you are facing and identify potentials for further improvement of your leadership style.
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Dr. Armin Pircher Verdorfer
This course is part of the TUM Tenure Track Academy. Please register by using the online registration form.